Anna Sui has been long known for her ludic, young girl, whimsical aesthetic. The Spring Summer 2021 collection seems like an appropriate update to the core idea of the brand.
I have been seeing Anna Sui’s name for a decade now in every New York Fashion Week. I have always been attracted to their visuals, in a more or less superficial manner, but I have never gone deeply in trying to know more about the brand. So this season will brake that spell. Here are some fun things I quickly learned about Anna Sui and some of my favorite looks from her Spring Summer 2021 collection:
- Purple is an importan color for the Anna Sui brand. (An little whim we share)
- She thinks she is a shy person.
- She is American, from Detroit.
- She studied at Parsons.
- She also thinks she is a show-off.
- She was classmates with Steven Meisel.
- She actually has a pretty cool style herself!
- She started her own brand with her $300 savings after being fired by the NewYorkTimes.
- Grunge was the wave she surfed in the 90’s.
- The bottle design of her perfumes, specially Dolly Girl by Anna Sui, are brilliant.
GIF SCREEN SHOT: