Dear Shaded Viewers,
Starting today 3537 re-opens its doors and gives us an idea of what we can expect this month. For starters Dover Street Little Market has been redesigned by the 35/37 team of Djeason Valerio and Louis Kotchine. The shop has doubled in size and features all of the DSMP brands plus others. The shop features a new 1909 bookstore space. The music advisor is Ugo Nardini.
3537 is open Monday – Sunday 11 am to 7 pm at 35-37 Rue des Francs-Bourgeois in le Marais.
What you will find in June is a month of concerts, tournament, installations and more:
- HIGHSNOBIETY – will present Fete De La Musique. There will be more than 15 artists sharing 3 stages on three different parts of the building. If you are in Paris you know the Fete De La Musique is Jue 21st. Here it will take place fromm 3pm to 2 am.
- ART COMES FIRST-Death Is Not The End – a celebration of African culture, tradition and spiritualism. The exhibition is about craftsmanship, working with local artisans around the world to help the weaving community create art. June 21-23.
- AIREI – Sunflower Gardens Presentation -Drew Curr AIREI, a Los Angeles based brand, welcomes you to Sunflower Gardens where there is beauty in strength and fragility. June 21st from 11 am to 7 pm.
- NAMESAKE – All Household Tournament – Namesake and Panagon will kick-off the first edition of the Namesake All Household Tournament during men’s fashion week in June. The competition is a love letter to the art of basketball which remains one of their main inspirations. 30 players, men and women from the greater Paris area will compete for the title on a basketball court set in 3537’s courtyard. June 23 6h30-9h30 pm.
- ADISH – Fundraiser for Palestine Pop Up Shop. Adish launches a collaborative fundraiser to support medical aid in Palestine. More than 250 one-of-a-kind, up-cycled, and hand customized items will be available for purchase. Proceeds will be donated to Medical Aid for Palestinians, a nonprofit organization working widely through Palestine and Palestine refugee camps to provide both immediate medical aid and long-term infrastructure solutions. Installation by artist PZtoday. June 24-Jjune 26th.
- FORMA Apartment 1007 – LA based artist Spencer Daly of Apartment 1007 creates an immersive experience at 3537. Daly will create his dream version of a Parisian apartment during 5 days. You can watch the actual installation which will feature everyday essentials and exclusive items by Forma as well as friends art work.
- BRETT WESTFALL – The Tolerance of Drought -Brett Westfall presents “The Tolerance Of Drought”, an installation representing the endurance of human beings and our undeniable connection to the natural world and our Earth. An experimental film by Westfall with composer @BASECK. This coinsides with the debut of WESTFALL s/s 202 at Dover Stree Market Paris. The presentation takes place June 26th from 11 – 7pm.