Dear Shaded Viewers,
HOW MIGHT CREATOR RIGHTS WORK?
This is an example to outline intent only. Rooks intent is for everyone to get a share of creator rights while it maintains responsibility for the product. This is our vision for how we believe this could be implemented together as a DAO.
- BigCo wants to buy the Metaverse perfume outright. Community notified to hear objections as best possible. Profits from the purchase get split Rook 51-49 Community.
- BigCo wants to buy a limited time license (eg. 10 year) to mass produce and sell the perfume. Community notified to hear objections as best possible. Profits from the purchase get split Rook 51-49 Community.
- BigCo buys Rook. BigCo only inherits Rook’s rights. No change or extra charge.
- NationalBody declares an ingredient unsafe/illegal prior to the design of the perfume. The ingredient is used and the NationalBody want to know who to charge for putting an illegal ingredient in a perfume supplied to the people of their country. Rook have 100% duty rights so are solely responsible for the perfume and will incur any consequence.
- All community members want to sell the perfume to BigCo. Rook is notified. Purchase can only go through with Rooks agreement.
- BigCo reverse engineer the perfume for sale. Community & Rook can legally enforce their rights.
I HEARD NFTS ARE BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT. IS THAT TRUE?
Creating an NFT uses about as much computing power as a tweet. It is an exaggeration to imply anything else. This is the only consideration we need to make in regards to our carbon footprint.
Where there is inefficiencies is in the how the network runs in verifying the network. Ethereum (our choice of blockchain of choice) doesn’t need as many validators of the network known as miners as it does.
The 2 groups to be concerned with are: the validators (miners) and the Ethereum developers. Both are more concerned with the problem than some reports will lead you to believe.
Miners have their operations next to power plants with natural excess production and take energy that would normally be zapped into the ground. They aim to not add to the need for capacity of the grid. This makes their energy requirements carbon neutral. This tho is an ideal and not what everyone does.
The Ethereum blockchain developers are on course to end its reliance on miners. In July, the next upgrade will probably reduce the number of miners by half and should have complete the move away completely in 1 year.
Ethereum is the best choice for our project because we believe in the permanence of what we create. We will have created an amazing perfume and we want to be remembered for it forever. Ethereum is the only proven blockchain technology that we can say will last forever.