I recently attended the WEST COAST LEGENDS BALL here in LA. The event is the largest of its kind on the left coast and happens annually during LOS ANGELES BLACK PRIDE. This year's extravagance happened at the Grand Ballroom of the Radisson at LAX.
The event got off to a bit of a late start but everything was quickly brought up to speed when the LEGENDARY MOTHER DEVINE CHANEL made her entrance. She catwalked nude, and the audience erupted!
The LEGENDARY MOTHER DEVINE CHANEL has hosted this BALL for the past several years. 2011's theme was "THE LEGACY OF THE LEGEND." The stars came out form every HOUSE to compete for cash and trophies and lineage.
CATEGORY HIGHLIGHTS (Copied from the BALL agenda)…
1. DRAG REALNESS – You're goin on a summer picnic in the park. Show us how to be real in a summer dress and cardigan with a picnic basket.
2. BQ FACE – Straight to the point! In a white V neck and jeans.
3. 2FF + 2MF – Bring us the royal family from the country of your choice. 1 King, 1 Queen, 1 Prince, and 1 Princess.
4. BQ UP IN PUMPS – Pull out the thigh highs with booty shorts and lets kick it bitches!!!
5. OTA RUNWAY – THE FASHION SHOW. Bring a sketch of your all original couture effect. No store bought items besides shoes and jewelry.
6. BQ THUG REALNESS – I wanna see thugs in work uniforms. Niggas gotta eat too! What tradey job do u have: US-Post Office, FedEX, DHL, ETC…
Seen in the audience and clearly a fan of the scene… Ms. Tyra Sanchez (The Other Tyra), winner of RuPaul's DRAG RACE Season 2, took a moment to pose.
Huge thanks to the LEGENDARY MOTHER DEVINE CHANEL.